Established in 1991, Bauknight Pietras & Stormer, P.A. (“BPS”) is among the Southeast’s premier accounting and consulting rms and among the largest locally owned public accounting rms in South Carolina. BPS is a strategic partner to clients in the insurance, construction and real estate, employee benets, hospitality, manufacturing and distribution, professional services, telecommunications, and technology industries. BPS, a member of Prime Global, an association of private accounting firms, in 2019, 2020, and 2021 was recognized by Forbes as being among the top recommended tax and accounting firms in the United States, and in 2020 was recognized by Inside Public Accounting as one of the 50 Best of the Best Accounting Firms in the United States.
We are currently seeking audit seniors in our Columbia, SC office.
- Accept all responsibility for routine engagements, including delegation of work to lower level staff, supervision of staff, and any other decisions related to the work performed
- Maintain good communication with staff to make sure that all work is being performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain communication with supervisors, managers and partners to ensure that the work process is continuing in an organized, efficient and professional manner
- Begin developing relationships with clients and handling routine responsibilities and engagements while targeting subjects that should be discussed with team members Supervising staff on engagements (may include delegating duties)
- Participating in several engagements simultaneously
- Preparing budgets for all engagements and forwarding those budgets to staff members involved
- Handling written correspondence with minimal supervision
- 2+ years of recent public accounting experience
- CPA certication preferred
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and US GAAS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience supervising staff and effectively delegating work
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Banked overtime program where associates can bank overtime throughout the year and then use the banked overtime for additional vacation days during the year or take the banked overtime in pay at the end of the year.