Tony joined BPS in January 2020 as a senior manager, bringing 21 years of experience as a trusted advisor in taxation to clients in the hospitality and restaurant industry, real estate, professional services, and retail and wholesale. Throughout his career, he has focused on helping clients use proactive tax planning to improve cash flow and overall business performance.
A native of Columbia, S.C. with strong community ties, Tony is excited by the growth potential offered by BPS and appreciative of its leadership in the public accounting and tax consulting arena. He is committed to supporting his clients’ success, many of which are closely held businesses. With recent, significant changes to federal tax laws, he strives to keep clients ahead of the curve. Prior to joining BPS, Tony was a partner with a local accounting firm.
Areas of Expertise:
- Closely Held Business
- Corporate Tax Planning and Compliance
- Individual Tax Planning and Compliance
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, South Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association
- Member and Active Content Provider, Asian American Hotel Owners' Association
- Former Board Member, Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc.
- 2006 Graduate, Leadership Columbia
- Deacon, First Presbyterian Church
- Parent Volunteer, Storm Track Cub
- Former Volunteer Coach, SOAR baseball and soccer leagues
- B.S., Accounting, Winthrop University
- Master in Taxation, University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business