Stacy joined BPS in 2018, bringing more than 22 years of experience in public accounting that included leading a successful local tax practice of a regional firm. The decision to accept a partnership offer with BPS came down to one very important thing: respect.
For many years, I had respected BPS, its leadership and the high level of service they gave their clients. When the opportunity came up to go and work with folks I’ve known and admired, the answer was easy. Yes.
At BPS, Stacy serves as a trusted advisor to closely held businesses and high net worth individuals, including pass-through entities and family-owned businesses. He consults on tax issues and other financial matters and also serves as an interim CFO. An exceptional communicator, Stacy enjoys working directly with closely held businesses and seeing to it that clients’ financial and tax planning requirements are met.
While a student at the University of South Carolina, Stacy played second base for the Gamecock baseball team. The second baseman lettered all four years, served as team captain his senior year and was named to the Southeastern Conference’s Academic Honor Roll in 1993-1994. The skills he learned on the playing field have served the native of Camden, S.C., well throughout his career as a CPA.
Playing baseball for the Gamecocks was a lifelong dream that’s also had a lifelong impact. Being part of a highly competitive, nationally ranked team taught me the importance of discipline, teamwork and confidence. As team captain, I also learned how to motivate a team of diverse people. These skills prepared me to be a better person personally and professionally.
Stacy also has a natural love of coaching. Throughout his professional career and now at BPS, he has made it a priority to coach staff. This achieves several things: it raises the bar on client service, develops winning skills and attitudes among BPS accountants and staff, and helps achieve firm goals. When not coaching at work, Stacy is active in the Midlands community with a number of organizations.
Prior to joining BPS, Stacy was an equity owner in a large regional accounting firm.
- Closely Held Businesses
- Multi-State Corporate and Partnership Taxation
- Family Corporations and Partnerships
- Individual Tax Planning and Compliance
- Outsourced CFO
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Riley Institute of Diversity Leadership
- Past Executive Committee Member, Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Past Treasurer, Congaree Land Trust
- Past President, Habitat for Humanity (Central SC Chapter)
- Past President, Kiwanis Young Professionals of Columbia
- Past Board Member, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Past Treasurer, Satchel Ford PTO
- Past Board Member, Family Connection South Carolina
- Former Volunteer Baseball Coach, NTBC, PDL Youth Baseball Leagues
- Treasurer, Carolina Therapeutic Riding Inc.
- B.S., Accounting, University of South Carolina
- Master of Taxation, University of South Carolina