Monica joined BPS in January 2020 as a tax manager, bringing more than two decades of experience as a trusted advisor in taxation to individuals and closely held companies in a wide range of industries. She assists clients in proactive tax planning and strategies to support company growth and enhance income. Additionally, Monica enjoys project management and assisting junior staff with professional development.
Monica was a member of the BPS team from 1999–2004. In the interim, she worked with other accounting firms, adding to her already strong professional network across South Carolina. She appreciates the BPS culture of focusing on its people and the fact that the firm’s shareholders lead by example. Outside of work, Monica enjoys running, tennis, aerobics, and cross-stitching.
Areas of Expertise:
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Tax Planning and Compliance
- Individual Tax Planning and Compliance
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President, Rotary Club of Five Points, Columbia, SC
- Graduate, Dale Carnegie
- B.S., Accounting, Francis Marion University