Lindsay Lesesne Medlin is an audit senior manager with experience serving the non-profit, telecommunications, technology, manufacturing, transportation, captive insurance, retail, real estate, and distribution industries. In addition to providing traditional accounting and auditing services, Lindsay has worked on acquisition related due diligence engagements, business valuations, forecasting models, accounting standard implementation projects, cost allocation models, and other special projects.
Lindsay taught Accounting 225, Introduction to Financial Accounting, as part of her fellowship during the graduate program at the University of South Carolina. In addition, Lindsay has presented at numerous accounting and auditing CPE seminars.
Lindsay serves the community through her involvement with the Columbia Opportunity Resource, a non-profit organization that helps professionals get plugged in to the community, connecting them to opportunities, experiences, and diverse networks through various programs. She also routinely volunteers at various events through local organizations in Columbia and is always seeking new ways to be involved and make a difference, both inside and outside of the work environment.
Prior to joining BPS in 2013, Lindsay was a senior accountant at a national accounting firm.
Areas of Expertise:
- Auditing and Financial Reporting
- Compilations and Reviews
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Real Estate
- Captive Insurance
- PrimeGlobal Leadership Institute, Class of 2021
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2017
- South Carolina Association of CPA's Leadership Institute, Class of 2015
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, Columbia Opportunity Resource (Treasurer, 2015 - 2020)
- Board Member, Leadership Columbia Advisory Board
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women - Midlands Chapter
- Member, the Contemporaries of the Columbia Museum of Art
- B.S., Business Administration, University of South Carolina
- Masters of Accountancy, University of South Carolina