Lindsay Lesesne Medlin is an audit senior manager with experience serving the nonprofit, telecommunications, technology, manufacturing, transportation, captive insurance, retail, real estate, and distribution industries. Her current focus is on the telecommunications and real estate industries. In addition to providing traditional accounting and auditing services, Lindsay works on acquisition related due diligence engagements, business valuations, forecasting models, accounting standard implementation projects, cost allocation models, best practice assessments, and other special projects.
Lindsay taught Accounting 225, Introduction to Financial Accounting, as part of her fellowship during the graduate program at the University of South Carolina. In addition, Lindsay presents at numerous accounting and auditing CPE seminars.
Lindsay serves the community through her involvement with One Columbia for Arts and Culture, a non-profit organization formed to support and promote tourism in Columbia, whose mission is to advise, amplify and advocate for the unified arts and history community. She also routinely volunteers at various events through local organizations in Columbia and is always seeking new ways to be involved and make a difference, both inside and outside of the work environment.
Prior to joining BPS in 2013, Lindsay was a senior accountant at a national accounting firm.
Areas of Expertise:
- Auditing and Financial Reporting
- Compilations and Reviews
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Real Estate
- Captive Insurance
- PrimeGlobal Leadership Institute, Class of 2021
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2017
- South Carolina Association of CPA's Leadership Institute, Class of 2015
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer, Once Columbia for Arts and Culture
- Member, Columbia Opportunity Resource (Board Member/Treasurer, 2015 - 2020)
- Board Member, Leadership Columbia Alumni Association Board
- Finance Committee Member, Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer-elect, Commercial Real Estate Women - Midlands Chapter
- Member, the Contemporaries of the Columbia Museum of Art
- B.S., Business Administration, University of South Carolina
- Master of Accountancy, University of South Carolina