Kristen Jerome, CPA
Kristen joined BPS in 2010. Her forte is business advisory services and assurance engagements. She enjoys helping clients solve unique problems and has experience in the following special practice areas: merger and acquisition due diligence, assessing and applying for energy tax credits and deductions, IRS and DOL compliance programs, best practice assessments, business valuations and forecasting.
Much of my practice centers on the construction industry, but I also provide business advisory services and assurance engagements to clients in the distribution and technology industries. Helping clients solve unique problems is very rewarding.
Kristen earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Carolina in 2009, where she majored in both Accounting and Insurance/Risk Management, with a minor in Italian.
Life is always interesting at BPS! Having expertise in special practice areas allows me to help clients through some of the most stressful times in the business lifecycle. It’s very rewarding to have clients place that kind of trust in us. There is nothing I love more than to help our clients find peace of mind and watch their organizations thrive.
Kristen serves the community through her role as chairman of the Downtown YMCA Advisory Board and as treasurer of One Columbia for Arts and History.
Areas of Expertise:
- Mergers & Acquistions
- Cost Accounting
- Real Estate Settlement Companies
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Employee Retirement Plans
- SC Women in Business 2021 (Columbia/Greenville Business Magazine)
- The State Newspaper’s 20 Under 40, Class of 2016
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2014
- Member, Construction Financial Management Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Bull Street Commission (2022-Present)
- Leadership Columbia Advisory Board (2016-2022)
- Treasurer, YMCA of Columbia Board of Directors (2017-2021)
- Chairman, Downtown YMCA Advisory Board (2015-2017, Member since 2010)
- Treasurer, OneColumbia for Arts and Historical Preservation (2012-2016)
- B.S., Accounting and Insurance & Risk Management, University of South Carolina