Ben joined BPS in 2008. He has a vast amount of experience in preparing fiduciary and estate income tax returns.
The administration of a trust or estate can be complicated. Ben is knowledgeable of the available elections and distribution rules that are essential to competent administration. He works closely with trustees, personal representatives of estates, attorneys, and financial advisors. He provides accounting and tax services to a variety of high-net worth individuals and their associated entities. Ben specializes in The Uniform Principal and Income Act, which governs how to allocate receipts and expenditures of the estate and trust between principal and income accounts. He is an experienced professional who stays informed with current legislation regarding fiduciary and gifting regulations.
Ben enjoys being part of a team that works together to achieve the best results for the family and understands their goals and needs.
Areas of Expertise:
- Estates and Trust Tax Planning and Compliance
- Individual Tax Planning and Compliance
- Estate Planning
- Succession Planning
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Columbia Estate Planning Council
- Member, South Carolina Association of CPA’s
- Columbia Camera Club
- B.S., Accounting, University of South Carolina