Allyson joined BPS in 2018. Since beginning her career as a trusted advisor in public accounting, she has gained a wealth of experience advising closely held businesses and high-net-worth individuals, including pass-through entities and family-owned businesses.
My practice is very diverse; I advise closely held businesses, multi-state corporations and partnerships, and high-net-worth individuals on a wide range of tax matters. A consistent theme is being proactive with your tax planning strategy. Understanding the tax implications on the front end is so valuable, especially in the current economic climate.
As a partner, Allyson advises clients on a wide range of tax matters, researches and implements tax planning strategies, and assists clients with the filing of tax returns. She is also involved in the tax implications of acquisitions and divestitures, company reorganizations and succession planning. Prior to joining BPS, Allyson was a senior tax manager with a large regional accounting firm.
As a working mother with two small children, I know how important work-life balance is to our team members and their families. I’m very involved in the development of our staff. Helping people achieve that balance at BPS is important.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual Tax Planning and Compliance
- Closely Held Businesses
- Multi-State Corporate and Partnership Taxation
- Family Partnerships
- Family Corporations
- Professional Services
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Richland Springs Baptist Church (Treasurer)
- Vice Chair, Wyman King Academy
- Wyman King Academy Parents Association (Treasurer)
- Former Board Chair, Saluda County First Steps
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, The Unumb Center for Neurodevelopment
- Master of Accountancy, University of South Carolina Darla Moore School of Business
- B.S., Accounting, University of South Carolina Darla Moore School of Business